When adults think of exercise, we think of building muscle, toning down or getting into shape. For growing and developing children, exercise is crucial and will even improve performance in school. To children, exercise can mean playing and just being physically active.
- Endurance: Strengthens the heart and improves body’s ability to delivery oxygen to cells (basketball, bicycling, soccer, swimming, running, airobics)
- Strength: Doesn’t always mean lifting weights (crunches, pull ups, climbing, wrestling, gymnastics)
- Flexibility: Stretching improves flexibility (reaching for a toy, practicing a split, doing cartwheels, flips on a trampoline)
When looking to be fit and raise fit kids, it doesn’t always mean sports and working out; it can mean a Saturday at Helium or an hour in our Airobics class. What makes fitness fun is changing it up and finding something you love. Fitness is great for improving your physical appearance but it is vital to maintaining brain health as well. The brain is the most complex organ in the body. Exercising while your brain and body are both growing can improve a child’s brain connectivity, cognitive function, memory, and improve their performance in school.
Raising Fit Kids
- Help and facilitate a variety of age-appropriate activities
- Set a regular schedule for physical activity
- Make being active a part of daily life
- Embrace a healthier lifestyle and be a positive role model
- Be active together as a family
- Keep it fun
Jumping Fun for All
At Helium Park, we have a wide variety of games and activities to keep the entire family entertained. For the younger ones we have Toddler Jumps scheduled throughout the week. For the teenagers, we have cosmic jump, glow dodgeball, laser tag and LED climbing wall. For everyone in between we have jump tower, human hamster balls, jousting, ropes course, and a ton more.