Being a part of the great community of Milwaukee means we all have to do our part to give back to those around us. That’s why Helium Trampoline and Climbing Park will be hosting a blood drive on Thursday, August 3rd.
Details of the Blood Drive
Location: Helium Trampoline & Climbing Park
16235 W. Beloit Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
Time: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
All donors will receive a free one-hour jump pass for Helium Trampoline Park!
If you’ve never given blood before here’s a quick starter guide from the American Red Cross.
Tips for a Successful Donation
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet
- Hydrate – drink an extra 16 oz of liquid before and after your donation
- Have a healthy meal before your donation – avoid foods high in fat just prior to donation
- Remember to bring your ID!
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- Let the person taking your blood know if you have a preferred arm and show them any good veins that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read during the donation process.
- Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshments area immediately after donating.
Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several if your blood is separated into its components — red cells, platelets and plasma — which can be used individually for patients with specific conditions.